Important information on prescriptions during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Order repeat prescriptions in your usual quantities at the usual time. Over ordering of your medicines may mean someone else has to go without their medicines.
- Order your usual prescription online or by an app. Do not go to your GP practice or pharmacy to order prescriptions and only phone them if you cannot order online or by an app. You can order repeat prescriptions on the NHS App and through your GP surgery or pharmacy’s online service, where available. You can find out about ordering medicines online at www.nhs.uk
- If you have a prescription to collect:
- If you are 70 or over, have a long-term health condition or are pregnant you should arrange collection by a relative or friend, or ask your pharmacy for advice about delivery
- Ask any relatives and friends who are delivering your medicines to make sure they have seen you pick up the bag
- If your medicines are being delivered make sure you keep a safe distance when you receive them.
- For everyone else, if you are going into a pharmacy in person, follow social distancing rules and the rules put in place by the pharmacy to protect you and their staff.
- Pharmacies may have altered opening times to manage their workload.
- Sales of some medicines may be restricted in quantity by pharmacies to ensure that there is enough for everyone.